Self-introduction formal email

 Subject: Self-introduction

Dear Professor Brad,

My name is Jing Zhe you can address me simply as JZ. I am currently studying mechanical engineering in Singapore Institute of Technology as a year 1 student attending your critical thinking and communicating module.  


Being an ESFP-T personality, I am very fun-loving, energetic, and spontaneous, but more importantly, I take pleasure in things around me. I have a contagious enthusiasm for life and am always eager to help others have a good time. According to the Myers's-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) test, I am a person with the Extraverted, Observant, Feeling, and Prospecting personality trait, ESFP for short. It shows a person who is energized by spending time with others (extraverted), focuses on details and facts and not concepts and ideas, makes decisions premised on values and feelings, and prefers being flexible and spontaneous instead of organized and planned. Thus, I consider myself someone who lives in the moment and enjoys doing impromptu things. I am very sufficient in terms of taking care of myself, being happy, and being able to deal with problems without necessarily calling for help from other people. I can courageously step out of my comfort zone and confront my fears and worries. I have tried sky diving when I was in Dubai as well as shark diving. This is evident from my adventurous life, to try out new experiences, ideas, and methods. 


I have a specific weakness in communication, it causes difficulty in expressing my ideas as I do not know how to phrase my sentence well. Perhaps, this is a difficulty that I will have to overcome in this module. The strength that I have will be having a substantial amount of ideas. I do not have any difficulty giving solutions to my groups during group projects.


Hope to be more confident and able to express my ideas to the audience. Being able to share my ideas effectively will enable me to be a better speaker. Looking forward to more critical thinking and communication classes.

 

Best regards,

Jing Zhe


Edited on 26/09/22


Blog’s that I have read and commented

Bin Hong

Wen En



Comments

  1. Hi Jing Zhe,
    I am Wei en i like that you used MBTI to explain about your personaliy, which make me understand more about you.

    I think that your email can be more concise "My name is Jing Zhe, but you can address me simply by JZ" can change to My name is jing zhe, you can address me as Jz. and" I have a specific weakness in communication. I have a difficulty in expressing my ideas as I do not know how to phrase my sentence well. " this sentence can be change to " i have a specufic weakness in communication, it casuses difficulty in expressing ideas as i do not know how to phrase my sentence well''
    Your email is very clear and discriptive Iearn alot and know more about you

    Hope you have a good day

    Best regards,
    weien

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wei En,

      Appreciate your comments. Thank you.

      Regards,
      Jing Zhe

      Delete
  2. Hello Jing Zhe!
    This is your partner Hui Xiang. This is a follow-up to the comments I have gave you that day in class.
    I like that you were straight forward with your ideas and especially your use of MBTI as mentioned by Wei En!
    However, there are a few things that could be improved for your post! The sentence “ESFP shows one of the 16 personality types in the Myers’s-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)” could be rephrased to “According to the Myers’s-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) test, I am a person with the Extraverted, Observant, Feeling, and Prospecting personality trait, ESFP for short.” Then followed by expanding on how you are an ESFP, which you did on the prior sentence.

    I’ve noticed that we have a similar habit of overusing “I” in this formal letter as well.

    I was able to learn a lot more about you through this letter and hope that we would be able to work on our weaknesses together in this module for the weeks to come.

    Best regards,
    Hui Xiang

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hui Xiang,

      Appreciate your comments. Thank you.

      Regards,
      Jing Zhe

      Delete
  3. Dear JZ,

    Thank you for this highly detailed letter and very personal sharing. I appreciate the rich content that is well aligned with the assignment brief, the clear supports and organization and the generally effective language use. You've done a very fine job providing supporting information for the type of person you are, allowing us readers to gain a better understanding. It's easy to see that you have great potential for being both a buddy and a project mate. At the same time, you write you like "to try out new experiences, ideas, and methods." It would be good to show an example to illustrate this.

    There are also some language issues to take note of:
    1. punctuation
    -- Being an ESFP-T personality, I am very fun-loving energetic and spontaneous but more importantly, I take pleasure in things around me. > (use of commas) ?
    Being an ESFP-T personality, I am very fun-loving, energetic and spontaneous, but more importantly, I take pleasure in things around me.

    2. verb forms
    -- I have a contagious enthusiasm for life and always eager ... > (form) I have a contagious enthusiasm for life and AM always eager
    -- focus on details > (subject-verb disagreement) ?
    -- ...and enjoy what life has to offer. > ?
    -- My goals in this module is... > ?

    I look forward to your continued work, participaion and positive attitude in class this term.

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bin Hong,

    Appreciate your comments. Thank you.

    Regards,
    Jing Zhe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Prof Brad,

    Appreciate your comments. Have made changes from the comments you gave me.

    Well Wishes,
    Jing Zhe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Critical Reflection

Summary & Reader Response (Draft 3)