Critical Reflection

 Multiple ways that critical thinking has benefited me. Compared to before this module, my way of thinking has significantly changed. My goal at the outset of the program was to be able to efficiently assemble my thoughts and talk fluently. This program has helped me to efficiently assemble my thoughts, and by doing so has helped me greatly to converse fluently as I have all the ideas in my mind. Being able to think critically also help me with doing assignments, previously I was not able to write a formal letter as the ideas were all over the letter. Overall, I have to say that the materials and information imparted to us were really helpful in terms of communication and critical thinking abilities. My communication abilities were also enhanced by talking and asking questions in class. Having different group mates for different assignments also makes me learn that different people have a different ways of doing assignments is different. I believe that through effectively communicating with others, I might further develop these abilities.

I felt that during the technical report I struggled the most at the start. I have this bad habit of not doing my work till the very last minute, causing my group to be slightly behind time. After that incident, I ensure that I will complete all my work whenever I have the time instead of dragging to the last minute to complete it. I struggled with the evaluation as I was afraid that it might outweigh the proposed solution. That is where I did most of my research to prevent the cons from outweighing the pros of what we proposed. Citing my sources and material in 7th edition APA style was also a problem as the formatting was very precise, and finding a source to cite from needs to be extra cautious.

I had to arrange my thoughts, decide on my daily goal, and prepare a strategy for the material I would require before writing the group technical report. This kept me on track as I looked for sources and kept me from deviating. I learned how to select dependable sources by comparing my sources to others. The majority of the sources we used to produce the study are stuffed with data, so we had to consult them in order to complete it. I had to carefully look through and select the information that should be included in the report in order to keep within the word limit. I also had to learn how to draw valid conclusions from the sources I had gathered.

There weren't many viewpoints expressed when deciding on the subject. As a result, selecting a theme was challenging. I was reading the report and noticed a lot of subpar work; as a result, we decided to chat because we didn't want to perform poorly on this last assignment. At the time, I found this problematic because I was at a loss for how to politely approach them. After some time, though, I decided to simply stop talking to the group about it, and that's when things started to improve. Moving forward, I felt that communication is key as what you expect may not necessarily be what they are providing. Finally, because everyone has a different working style, compromise is necessary to create a collaborative relationship.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self-introduction formal email

Summary & Reader Response (Draft 3)